Click the frequently asked questions links below to watch the video.
- What happens if a divorce case goes to court?
- What advice would you give someone who is just starting their divorce process?
- What are the benefits of divorce litigation?
Child Custody Issues & Parenting Time
- If the children split their time between two homes is it always 50/50? What are the most common types of arrangements for children’s living situations post-divorce?
- Is there a difference between “physical custody” and “legal custody” in Massachusetts?
Child Support & Visitation
- What are the Child Support Guidelines? Are they meant to cover all expenses related to children?
- How does a judge determine the amount and duration of child support?
- Once the amount and duration of child support have been set, can either be changed for any reason?
- If a child support recipient withholds visitation, can the payor withhold child support?
- What has recently changed with Massachusetts Alimony law?
- How does a judge determine the amount and duration of alimony someone will receive?
Financial Issues Related to Divorce
- Do you have any tips in reducing the cost of my divorce?
- How will my income taxes be affected by my divorce?
- What are the most common financial mistakes people make in divorce?